A 50-year-old woman received burns to her face and arms when her Christmas tree burst into flames. She also has smoke inhalation.
Two policemen from the Policía Nacional in the city of Granada managed to rescue an elderly man from a fire in his 1s-floor flat.
A 45-year-old man in Motril had to be treated for smoke poisoning after a house fire on Sunday the 8th of January.
Three people, aged 19, 52 and 72, were hospitalised, suffering from smoke poisoning as a result of fire in their apartment block in Motril.
At 07.20h this morning a 43-year-old man reportedly perished from smoke poisoning in his flat in Edificio Miami, Almuñécar.