Motril Flat Fire

MOT Calle VilchezA person was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation as a result of a house fire in the centre of Motril last Saturday morning.

The emergency number 112 received a call at 11.30h from neighbours who were witnessing smoke and flames in an apartment on the 2nd floor of a block on Calle Vílchez – near Plaza Aurora.

The Policía Nacional evacuated those affected by the smoke whilst the Motril Fire Service went to work on the putting the fire out, but not before it had burnt out one of the rooms, and affected the other rooms and the 2nd-floor landing.

As a precaution, the occupants of four flats were also evacuated by the police.

First indications are that the fire may have been caused by a candle.

(News: Almunecar, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *