Several inhabitants of a block of flats in Salobreña had to be temporarily evacuated after a fire broke out, gutting at least one apartment.
The emergency number 112 received several calls around 20.40h, Monday evening, reporting a fire in a 4-storey block not far from the Casa Roja.
The Motril fire service was called out, together with the Guardia Civil, Policía Local and an ambulance.
The fire, which burnt out one flat and affected two others, meant that neighbours had to be evacuated because of the smoke and flames, some of whom stayed with relatives Monday night, whilst others were found accommodation by the Town Hall.
Only one person required medical attention and that was for mild smoke poisoning.
(News: Salobrena, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia – Photo: Gill Richardson)