Salobreña has suspended its weekly, household-junk-collection service for the duration of the lock down, which presently finishes on the 11th of next month. Normal domestic, rubbish collection continues as before.
Almuñécar has a lot of recycling bins… but how often do they get emptied? The answer is probably too infrequently.
The Salobreña Town Hall have taken a step closer to approving new legislation that will see the new costings to hotels for the removal of their rubbish in 2014 and they are claiming that the amendment to the legislation will benefit 90 percent of the hotels in the town… however, some of the other 10 percent will be paying up to five times what they paid in the current financial year.
The Almuñécar Town Hall once again is carrying out a campaign to round up real Christmas trees and have them replanted.
Locals and businesses within Motril have been moving heaven and earth to raise funds so that the body of Romanian, child, Andrei, could be repatriated for burial.
Rubbish collection bills were received by residents in the Motril area earlier this month and did we get a surprise. A massive 40% rise on last year.
The brilliant, family-run Lavanderia Avenida in Almuñécar is opposite the Costa Banana apartment blocks, just as you enter town at the Guardia Civil junction on the right, and they are offering 10% off all their services!