Mobile Causes Fire

Tuesday, August 28, 2018
By Vivienne Hughes

It was half five in the morning when the family in Las Gabias awoke to a thump-like sound in the sitting room.

At first they thought that the cat had knocked something over but looking through the open bedroom door César Pardo could see a glow coming out of the downstairs room.

When he entered the room it was to see the sofa was alight, so he grabbed a cushion and started to beat out the flames.

What had happened was that their son had left his mobile on the arm of the sofa charging. It had been the load ‘plop’ of the battery exploding that had awoken them. Had they not had heard it, the the fire would have spread and it could have been a tragic ending.

(News: Las Gabias, Vega de Granada, Andalucia)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

AD ISA sidebar