BBQ, Alcohol & Stupidity

Two people had to be taken to hospital with extensive burns after they decided to try a light their BBQ using alcohol.

AND BBQ Fire on Calle Miguel EstebanThis occurred last night in a house on Calle Miguel Esteban in the Puerto de la Torre area of the city of Málaga around 22:00h, which was when the emergency number, 112, received the alert.

The flash fire not only seriously scorched the duo but also damaged the house. It isn’t clear whether it was surgical alcohol or of the beverage kind (sacrilege if it were).

The fire service, Policía Local, Policía Nacional and an ambulance were despatched to the house, the latter to rush a 43-year-old victim to the regional hospital.

The second victim, whose burn injuries were not so severe, was driven to the nearest medical centre to be treated.

Editorial comment: as a rough guess, plenty of alcohol had been consumed previous to this moment of inspiration when somebody thought of throwing a highly combustable liquid onto a naked flame. The result of course was that a different kind of meat was processed by the BBQ…

(News: City & Metropolitan Area, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Andalucia)

  1 comment for “BBQ, Alcohol & Stupidity

  1. Fred Davies
    May 23, 2021 at 3:28 pm

    A minor Darwin award due methinks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *