New Restrictions from Monday

AND Juanma Moreno Junta PM DC20From Midnight Sunday; i.e. Monday morning, new restrictions will come into force until the 25th of this month, when it will be revised.

The regional PM, Juanma Moreno, announced these new measures in the face of the third wave, which everybody has accepted, are now upon us.

Until the 25th of January, although travel between provinces within Andalucía is permitted, crossing into another region or vice versa is not permitted (unless it involves work).

Movement between municipalities is permitted except for the case of the municipality of Añora, which is locked down as it has the highest contagion rate in Andalucía.

Be aware that between now and the 25th restrictions could become tighter if the health situation dictates it.

* The night curfew now comes into effect at 22.00h and lasts until 06.00h the next morning.

* As far as gatherings go, the maximum number is reduced to six persons. (children included).

* Bars & restaurants will now have to close for the evening at 18.00h. Cafeterias can remain open until 20.00h, as long as they do not sell alcohol.

* Shops and offices can remain open until 20.00h.s in place can only do classes online.

The Costa Tropical and the Alpujarra is at Level Three whereas the rest of Granada is at Level Four so there are differences in how many people are permitted in bar terraces or interior dining rooms etc

Level Four: Bars/restaurants: inside 30%, terraces 75%, shops 50%

Level Three: Bars/restaurants: inside 50%, terraces 100%, shops 60%

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment box below.

(New: Granada, Andalucia)

6 comments for “New Restrictions from Monday

1. John O'Connor
    January 10, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Ms. Clarke. I am very sorry to hear about your situation, I think you have been mis informed by the airline. Having lived here for 20 years I presume you have residencia in Spain, (I.e. you are formally registered as living in Spain) then you are entitled to return to Spain. If you need advice on which documents you need to prove this please comment and I will assist. If you showed these documents at check in and were denied boarding then you should speak to the airline about compensation and organising a new flight.

2. C clarke
    January 10, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Hi
    Spain has been my home for 20 years, I went to UK for A few days in December
    Leaving my 81 year old husband as I thought for a few days , when I tried to check in for my flight back to Spain I was refused boarding,I had a negative PCR test ( which cost me £120 ) and also my QR code which Spain requested for entry, I am still stranded in
    UK and have been now for nearly a whole month , my 81 year old husband is still struggling on his own , I have been informed I will only be allowed to travel if he is on his death bed, where is the justice in this.

3. John O'Connor
    January 9, 2021 at 2:41 pm

To address both comments to below. Whether you own a second home or not in Spain is irrelevant to the question. The question is can you legally enter Spain and Andalucia as you are not residents. Today January 9th in respect of someone on holiday the answer to this is as follows. You can enter Spain (except if you are coming from the UK -Spain is prohibiting non Spainish residents or citizens) you can enter the country. However each individual region of Spain has set their own entrance criteria. At present Andalucia will not allow holiday makers to enter Andalucia. That is the law, of course that doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in and get away with it.

4. Paul CRADDOCK
    January 8, 2021 at 11:10 pm

I assume from first reply above that this is not a UK person as they mention from Schiphol. The UK is now not in EU and so not covered by free movement as enjoyed by Schengen countries. I would advise, if you feel that you must travel, that you seek advice pertinent to your nationality, place of departure and individual circumstances if you want to avoid expensive problems.

5. Bernard van Stekelenburg
    January 8, 2021 at 8:01 pm

As a second home owner you can fly to Malaga and go to your place in Almunecar. We have just done that, to Salobrena. You need a negative Covid test taken in your home country but nobody in Spain asked for it, not even the ground staff in Schiphol asked for the evidence when we were boarding…..
    We have been driving around in the provinces of Malaga and Granada and nobody stopped us or asked for anything. Business as usual albeit very, very quiet. Few second home owners have taken the leap. A missed opportunity. It is beautiful here, as usual.

6. Andrea
    January 8, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Hi Martin,
    On December 24 you wrote „ This means that 2nd-home owners can come down to the coast from Granada, for example, to spend the Christmas period here.“ I never figured out what is the situation with 2nd-home owners flying to Malaga from abroad. Armed with a valid negative PCR-test would I be permitted to go and stay in my own house in Almuñécar or not? I just could not find a clear answer on an official Andalusian website for that.