The Junta has issued a change to the present Covid restrictions in force concerning who can open and until what time.
This doesn’t mean that you have to be home before six in the afternoon as the curfew remains at the announced time of 22.00h.
These businesses are allowed to open but must close by 18.00h:
* Food Markets.
* Hygienic Products.
* Press, Bookstore and Stationery.
* Florist, Plants and Seeds.
* Hardware Stores, Appliance Stores.
* Pet-Food Shops.
* Dry Cleaners, Laundries and Hairdressers.
* Technological and Telecommunications-Equipment Stores.
Businesses that can continue after 18.00h until 22.00h.
* Wholesale Trade, including Goods Transport.
* Retail commercial establishments of food, beverages, products and essential goods.
* Professional services (Law Firms, Lawyers, Notary Offices, Business Consultants, Architect Studios, etc.).
* Public Employees.
* Household Employees.
* Veterinary Centres or Clinics.
* Vehicle Rental and ITV.
* Home Delivery Services (including Courier ).
* Soup kitchens and other establishments for the delivery and distribution of food of a charitable nature.
* Emergency Services.
* Archives & Research Centres.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Can a carpentry workshop continue its activity after 18.00h?
Yes, as long as it is not open to the public.
2) Can a mechanical workshop continue its activity after 18.00h?
Yes, as long as the general public is not being served, except in emergency situations.
3) Can a builder continue with the job?
4) Can a real-estate agent show somebody round a home?
No, as it is commercial activity involving the general public.
5) Can I travel from one municipality to another to visit a home that I want to buy?
6) Can a hairdresser serve customers after 18:00?
No, as it is a commercial activity serving the public.
7) Can a freight service continue after 18:00?
Yes, the supply of commercial establishments is an essential activity.
Editorial comment: A change issued last night by the Junta meant that many business, including those considered essential, had to close by 18.00h. However, a further change this morning allows essential services such as supermarkets, etc to remain open until 21.30h. (See the second list).
We phoned Mercadona to confirm this.