Docs for Leaving your Township

LHR Police Control Point 02The restrictions on leaving your municipality remain in force as do the exceptions, which require that you can provide justification for leaving your township.

You can travel to your place of work, if it is in another municipality, or if your work requires travelling between provinces (deliveries, etc) but you will need to produce a document that proves it.

The same goes for a medical or dental appointment, or for an appointment with an optician or even a vet.

Print out or keep a copy on your mobile for your doctor’s appointment. If you have to go to the chemist’s then keep the receipt for the medicine. Remember, you cannot travel to a chemist in another municipality if there is one in your own town.

Your employer should provide you with a document proving that you work for them within the municipality that you are travelling to.

If you are a self-employed tradesman out on a job, then you need only provide your business card together with your ID.

You can cross into or through a municipality if you are returning to your habitual place of residence – for this you will have to provide a copy of your empadronamiento, if it is not the same address that appears on your TIE or driving licence.

There are plenty of other instances but it is just a case of applying common sense and making sure you have documents that prove that your journey is justified.

(News: Andalucia)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *