Your Questions

If you have a question that you would like us or our readers to answer, please leave it here in the comment box below.

152 comments for “Your Questions

1. February 9, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Gavin: You’re welcome 😉

2. Gavin Tun
    February 9, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Hi Martin, thanks for the quick answer. I didn’t realize there has been consideration to expand the existing health center into that empty lot. But if, as you said, the new health center goes to the location near Parque El Fuente, then perhaps they would consider the parking lot option (or something else?). Thanks again.

3. February 9, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Maarten: Where did this happen?

4. February 9, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Gavin: the problem is that although the Town Hall has alloted a plot for the new medical centre not far from the Parque El Fuente, extending the existing building into the said provision car park behind has not been completely discounted. It’s a touch subject with the Mayor because she believes that the Junta isn’t taking things seriously.

5. Gavin
    February 9, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Hi Martin, could you please advise how one could go about submitting a suggestion (or request) to the Salobrena Town Hall authorities? We think the Ayuntamiento did a nice job of improving the plaza at the Correos, and would like to suggest that they consider converting the space directly across from the Correos into a proper parking lot, if that is feasible. Everyone parks there now anyway, so they might as well make it an official parking lot…..just a suggestion.

6. Maarten Thiry
    February 2, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Dear

We’re a traveling family from Belgium. Cinically, on my birthday, thiefs broke into our camper (our house). My family in panic, and my two guitars, the piano of my daughter and some other stuff got stolen in Granada. Especially one of the guitars is very precious (to me). I’m studying to become a luthier, and it is the first guitar I’ve ever build. It’s a unique instrument (I can send pictures) and i’m heart-broked. Does anyone can help me spreading the news around? (my spannish is rubbish) Is their like a local city news of Granada? I already went to the police, the luthiers and to some second hand shops to spread the word. I put my hopes on a Covid miracle!

Thanks for joining the search

7. Aitor
    February 1, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Trevor this might help you with registering for the vaccine. I can’t vouch for it being completely accurate but there is definitely a lot of correct information. Maybe you could try what it suggests and let other readers know.

P.S. Martin don’t forget the cyclists.

8. Trevor Mitchell
    February 1, 2021 at 10:31 am

As I’ve gone round in circles failing to talk to the British Embassy Madrid. I was wondering if you or any readers have a answer for us re Covid vaccinations.

Since September we have been in Salobreña securing our Residency (We collect our TIE this month). However the next step of getting an appointment with Social Security to submit our S1 is taking time, which means it will be a while before we are in the State Medical system.

Is there any allowance or understanding for people like us in this situation where we will be able to get the COVID vaccination?

9. January 26, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Aitor: We’re a bit busy getting the February edition of the Seaside Gazette ready for the printer at the moment but I will have a look at that at the beginning of the month, when the distributions done, OK? 😉

10. Aitor
    January 26, 2021 at 6:26 pm

There are some new traffic laws regarding driver behaviour with respect to cyclists that came in to force this year. I am sure that few non Spanish speakers are aware of these. Given the Gazette wrote an article about the new scooter laws I thought perhaps you could do the same in respect of these new laws.

11. ben van bommel
    January 16, 2021 at 9:24 am

good morning. Is it possible to visit the Alhambra from monday 18th jan. on. And how are the rules, is it less or limited visited nowadays, and how to buy two tickets? Is parking nearby possible? We are in Almunecar. Thank you for answering. Ben, a dutch reader of your great magazine.

12. December 11, 2020 at 12:36 am

Mike: It comes into effect from 23.59h Friday, we believe. Tomorrow the Junta will publish it in the Official Regional Gazette, where it will be confirmed.

13. Mike Warrington
    December 10, 2020 at 10:18 pm

We understood from this morning’s announcement that any relaxation of current rules would be affective from midnight this coming Saturday so one will have to wait until Sunday to travel out of your town??

14. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    December 2, 2020 at 10:20 am

Now Uk are ready to go ahead with vacination for covid do you think Spain will be ready soon

15. December 1, 2020 at 11:19 am

Eve: Yes you can but ask you vet to send you an email or whatsapp confirming that you have such an appointment. That’s what I did when I lived in Otívar; I asked Ana from Veterinary Clinic Keliba for a cover letter in email form, which I printed out. When I was stopped it got me through, no problem

16. Eve Young
    December 1, 2020 at 11:09 am

Am I allowed to take my dog out of my municipality to the Vets for his yearly jabs?

17. November 30, 2020 at 6:52 pm

June: Only in the parts of Granada, like the city, that were left behind when the Costa Tropical and La Alpujarra moved forward allowing bars and restaurants to open. The municipal-boundary limitations remain in force, though! 😉

18. June Sherrell
    November 30, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Hi Martin
    Has the rules in Granada changed today,
    I just caught the tail end of the news on TRE radio.
    Thanks
    Otivar

19. November 28, 2020 at 9:58 am

Sandra: If you have just read the article on this subject, then you should leave your question there in the comments box, so that other people interested in the same topic can read your question and the reply. 😉

20. November 24, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Niels: It has been published… twice, the second with corrections, and it remains clear as mud. What it is clear is that bars and restaurants can open until 18.00h. After that time they can continue with the doors closed providing take-away food, which can be collected at the establishment or delivered. People aren’t allowed to queue up outside, however. Bar and restaurant terraces 100% occupation, inside 30%, customers can’t be served at the bar.

21. Niels Olesen
    November 24, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Dear Martin
    When is the BOJA concerning the easing of restrictions in granada sur being published?
    Regards Niels

22. November 22, 2020 at 8:31 am

Andrew: Can you give me more details as to where this happened?

23. November 22, 2020 at 8:28 am

Martin
    Would like to know if you know the details of the rescuer back in August 2015 where a man lost his life trying to save two youths. I was one of the men that went out to initially to get these lads when a wave just throw me further out to sea. A lad rescued me and another so I would like to thank him. I’ve only just seen article you wrote about it.

24. November 10, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Sandra: They close at 21.30h. The article was originally written this morning with the info given by the Junta the previous evening, but later today they changed it again.

In short: food shops and supermarkets can stay open to 21.30h

I just phoned Mercadona in Almuñécar to confirm it.

25. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 10, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Food markets to close at 6pm does this mean supermarkets i e Mercadona

26. November 9, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Kate: There was no mention of not being able to in the BoJA (official regional gazette). To be on the safe side, I have just checked, and you can, as long as they are in the same municipality and you’re home by 22.00h, of course.

27. Kate
    November 9, 2020 at 9:19 pm

With the new restrictions published today 9th November can we still visit each others homes subject to the max of 6 people? Or has this been stopped due to heavier restrictions for Granada Province?

28. November 8, 2020 at 8:37 pm

Sandra: as was the case during the original lockdown when it started, if builders are halfway through a job they can finish it – they’re not going to leave you with an unfinished roof, for example. Whether they can start a new building job or not, I will have to find out.

29. November 8, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Sandra: I don’t believe it has to be an emergency. Please phone your dentist tomorrow to confirm this.

The Your Questions is for general questions but if you have a specific question to a subject matter of a particular article, it would be best to post your question at the bottom of it, so that other people who have doubts on the subject can read your question and its answer there. Many thanks, Sandra, as always, for using the Gazette for your local info.

30. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 8, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Are dentists on emergency appointments only

31. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 8, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Are builders still allowed to work

32. Charlie
    November 6, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Thanks Martin. I hope the coppers are aware of this.

33. November 5, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Charlie: Federated players can move between municipalities and even provinces. You must, however, have your Spanish Federation certificate or creditials with you if stopped. This applies to the present restrictions. If they tighten, however, that will be a different matter.

34. Charlie
    November 5, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Is there an exception to the lockdown rules that permit golf members of the Spanish Federation from Almuñecar to play at Los Moriscos?

35. November 4, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Glad it’s solved and sorry that I wasn’t able to have been more help 😉

36. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 4, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Hi i phoned main Sabadell office and they said the drive through is to pay bills or id you want to draw more money than ATM allows you have to get it at counter.
    So all sorted but thank you.

37. November 4, 2020 at 4:50 pm

Sandra: What do you mean by “drive through” – do they attend to you from your car? Most banks will only let you pay bills between 08.30h and 10.30h, after that they won’t deal with it. Is this what you mean?

38. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 4, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Hi Martin
    My bank is Sabadell in Salobrena .

39. November 4, 2020 at 10:51 am

Sandra: you’re going to have to give me more information, I’m afraid. What banks are we talking about; one in particular or all of them, and in which town.

40. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 4, 2020 at 9:26 am

Martin can you please explain what this drive through means at banks from 8.15 till 11am .
    I see banks then open til 2pm.

41. November 2, 2020 at 8:51 pm

Sandra: Yes, I was there Friday. You can go there tomorrow, if you wish.

42. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    November 2, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Is the Town Hall open in Salobrena

43. October 31, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Alan: Yes you can. You must take a print out of your ITV appoinment, though.

44. Alan Smitheman
    October 31, 2020 at 11:17 am

Can I travel from Almunecar to Algorrobo (Malaga province) on Tuesday 3rd Nov for my ITV appt?

45. October 29, 2020 at 9:33 am

Yes, it means precisely that, starting midnight tonight

46. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    October 29, 2020 at 9:30 am

What does this lockdown mean we are not allowed into Almunecar or Motril. We must stay in Salobrena

47. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    October 26, 2020 at 10:05 am

Will gyms be made to close again for this period of alarm

48. October 11, 2020 at 9:17 am

Michele DeVito

Residencia Cantalobos in La Herradura is open over Christmas. They also arrange pick up and drop off if needed.

Paula Jones

49. Michele DeVito
    October 9, 2020 at 9:47 am

Is there anybody in the Salobreña area offering a dog sitting service? My 20 month old border terrier is looking for someone to take care of him over Christmas- 22-27 December

50. Stella
    September 23, 2020 at 7:55 pm

Thank you to David M and George Neary for your responses. I’m not sure I understand the position any more clearly but from what you are saying it doesn’t appear that the banks know what the situation is at the moment either. Hopefully in time we’ll get some definitive information from them!