Your Questions

If you have a question that you would like us or our readers to answer, please leave it here in the comment box below.

156 comments for “Your Questions

1. Margaret
    September 26, 2021 at 10:55 am

Hello Derek. Thankyou your reply. Yes I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. The
    only reason I am sceptical is that friends of my friend just got back from Majorca and they said they could not get out of Palma airport without the Spanish locator form and QR code!! They allowed them to get someone at the airport to do it for them but when we arrive it will be late so I doubt we could do this…..

Just another point when they refer to the incidence rate of your autonomous community I presume they
    mean Andalucia as a whole and not just the municipality we live in?
    I am beginning to wish I had never booked this trip!!!!!! Thanks for your help.

2. Derek Waters
    September 26, 2021 at 9:46 am

Margaret

Yes you are correct at present if you are vaccinated then all you need is the vaccine certificate (official EU one with QR code). No other documents are needed.

The locator form is only for non vaccinated people. This may change so keep a look out as it has changed in the past

The information is valid for travel until 29th September. So if you travel after that check again on that link to see what the rules are.

3. Margaret
    September 25, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Thankyou Derek for the links for travel to Mallorca.

However I am still confused! On the information link there appears to be a cut off date of 29th September.
    As I read it it says if you have the Covid Vaccination certificates then that is sufficient. Whether you
    have to fill in the Passenger Locator form I do not know but I will try although it does not seem to like
    the originating area being Spain and the destination still being Spain – however I cannot complete it all
    until 48 hours before.
    On the other hand on the locator form you have to tick one of the boxes which refers to you having to
    have an antigen test 48 hrs before travel or quarantine! Perhaps its me but I am confused.com!!!!

4. Derek Waters
    September 23, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Margaret

This is the locator form you need

All the information you need is here.

5. Margaret
    September 23, 2021 at 7:23 pm

We live in Spain. We both have Covid vaccination certificates. We want to fly with Ryan Air to Majorca.
    However I am not sure what Covid protocols we need. Although this is an internal flight some people
    are saying we will still need a Passenger Locator Form ie to complete the form on the spth.gob.es site but this seems to be for people who fly INTO Spain. Has anyone done an internal flight recently? Can anyone help please?

6. David M
    September 17, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Michael you need to check the Government statement from tonight as the rules change from 4th. October.
    From then Spain will be on the new Green list which means that there will be NO requirement to take a pre departure test before returning to the UK, just a Day 2 test after returning.
    I am assuming that you are all fully vaccinated. Otherwise the rules are different.

7. September 17, 2021 at 2:15 pm

John: Did you look back through the previous comments on this ‘Your Questions’ page? Some other readers asked this same question and received various answers. Please post again if you can’t find the answer to your question.

8. John McLaughlin
    September 17, 2021 at 9:14 am

Hi , me and my partner will be in Almunecar for the month of October 2021 , at the moment we require a PCR test 2 days prior to returning to the UK , can anyone tell me the best and more importantly the cheapest place to get the test ,I dont mind if we have to travel into Malaga to get one just to keep the costs down

9. Derek Waters
    September 2, 2021 at 9:21 am

Depending on where you are going you may not need a PCR test. It also depends on you vaccine status. To England a cheaper lateral flow (antigen) test is acceptable, once it meets the minimum standards. These also give immediate results. To Ireland no test is needed if fully vaccinated and have EU vaccine certificate

10. David Darby
    September 2, 2021 at 8:47 am

Someone asking about PCR tests before catching a ferry.
    Almusalud in Almuñécar at C. Tores Quevedo 3, Tel. 958 88 00 80.
    We recently travelled by ferry to the UK. You only require a ‘fit to travel’ antigen test, which is a lot cheaper, followed by a day 2 test in the UK.
    We used Almusalud for the fit to travel antigen test and then Dante Labs in the UK. (www.dantelabs.co.uk).
    Anyway, Almusalud are a good starting point to make enquiries, they can do any test you require. I’ve used them twice now and had the results with 20 mins.
    Best of luck.

11. Andrea
    September 1, 2021 at 12:31 pm

For a PCR-Test in Almuñécar I can recommend Nordic Health Care: https://almunecarinfo.com/almunecar-english-speaking-doctor-home-visits/ They came punctually at the appointed time to our house to take the test and did it not by the usual poking in the nose but by having us chew on a little piece of rubber like material. The result was sent by e-mail. The costs however were 120 € per test.

12. john reeve
    September 1, 2021 at 8:15 am

Hi Martin

I have scanned through past questions and could not find an answer , but I apologise if this has been asked before.

Is there a reliable place to get a PCR test in Almunecar ?

We , as you are aware , need to get a negative test before we leave, by ferry , 3 days prior to sailing.

We will obviously have to leave before getting a result ,which I understand would be sent by email, hopefully in 24/36 hours.

Any help advice appreciated
    regards

John

13. Peter William Botha
    August 6, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Maybe The Hideaway in La Herradura

14. August 6, 2021 at 10:09 am

David: I think they close during the summer – they used to, at least, so best to give them a ring first as Velilla is a driver’s nightmare during August.

15. David M
    August 6, 2021 at 10:03 am

Try Dannys Bar & Grill, Velilla Taramay. Almunecar Phone Number 686094174

16. Jonathon Swaine
    August 4, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Anyone know of a bar on the Costa Tropical that is showing the Lions Test on Saturday evening?

17. August 3, 2021 at 6:59 am

Jennifer: The only one that I can see that’s north of the city and which the E902 passes through is the one in Albolote:

Policlínica Cristo de la Salud

Avda. Reyes Católicos, 1
    18220 , Albolote , Granada

Tel: 958 46 69 99

Whether they do PCRs is another thing but that’s result I got for “Albolote, PCRs”

18. jennifer Norris
    August 2, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Hi
    Anyone know of a reliable PCR test provider in Granada. Preferably near the ring road as we will be passing through north on the way to Santander.Thanks Jenny

19. Derek
    July 30, 2021 at 10:32 am

Is there a web site that publishes sea water quality stats for the Granada coastal beaches.

20. July 27, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Pen: I’m afraid it is not clear yet. Personally, I hope not because that’s three weeks that the town badly needs that parking area. Will let you know after I have spoken with the Councillor for Citizen Safety tomorrow 😉

21. Pen
    July 27, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Hello,
    Will there be a Feria in Almuñécar this year, 2021, from 8th to 15th August? We know it was cancelled last year, but the fireworks are planned for 15th August again this year. We just want to know if the usual events will happen in Blas Infante this year.
    Many thanks.

22. Pat Storey
    July 26, 2021 at 1:17 pm

I live in the Campo. Year on year the fire restrictions come into effect. July and August? Year on year people have fires on their land. Ignoring the orders. You pass on the A7 and you can see them. Some smell badly of plastic. Today I swept up black stuff from my patio. If I have a BBQ I get nicked. Do these people come down from the cities to their plot/farm every summer and burn. 4 years here and no change. A friend said ring the Guardia Rural. Yeah right. Foreigner complaining. !! So instead I breath in smokey air and enjoy a cold beer.

23. May 31, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi, Malcolm: go to the health centre where you received your jabs – they will give you a certificate there 😉

24. Malcolm Farrell
    May 31, 2021 at 9:40 am

Hi Martin,

Anyone know how to get an online Covid Certificate of Vaccination from Clic Salud without a “numero de tarjeta sanitaria” ?
    I followed the British Embassy Advice for private healthcare registration with the local Health Centre for the jab only. I now have had both jabs and need a certificate to travel. However to download a certificate, you need a “numero de tarjeta sanitaria” which is not provided by this “jab only” service. Any ideas??

25. davidmilner04@gmail.com
    May 27, 2021 at 8:30 am

Sandra,

Go online to http://www.itvcita.com Try putting in your car reg & matriculation date & it should give you a time & date.

David M

26. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    May 27, 2021 at 6:43 am

My car is due for its first MOT this June and can anyone give me advise on how i go about setting this up please

27. PATRICK STOREY
    May 16, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Bueno. My Partner and I really enjoy the seafront at La Guardia.

Last summer there were works going on in the small car park area by the sea front. Now we find that there is only one designated disabled parking bay. Where there were two before. Very odd and not good for those with any disability.

This will of course affect those wishing to visit for a meal nearby, Such a shame a decision taken by non-disabled dummy.

28. May 14, 2021 at 8:26 pm

Norbert: Yes, certaintly on the most popular ones.

29. Norbert Ernst Kalfah
    May 14, 2021 at 8:22 pm

Are toilets provided for people on the beaches ?

30. May 12, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Elizabeth: Yes, you can obtain a certificate after your second jab, which you can request at your local medical centre. It can also be done online, but you will need an electronic signature.

31. Elizabeth Cassidy
    May 12, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Is there a vaccine certificate available after you have had both jabs? How and where do you get it?

32. Robert Clayton Cain
    April 13, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Julie
    April 13, 2021 at 12:20 pm
    Hello Robert

Do you think it is to remind people to pay their taxes?

33. Julie
    April 13, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Hello Robert

The ship in La Herradura Bay belongs to the State Tax Administration Agency. It is a customs surveillance vessel.

“El buque de operaciones de Vigilancia Aduanera Fulmar visita este lunes la bahía de La Herradura”

34. Robert Clayton Cain
    April 12, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Any idea what the very large boat is doing in La Herradura bay, it has been there all day.

35. April 5, 2021 at 7:34 pm

Andrea: Have you tried an Ouija Board?

Just joking of course – it’s the Gazette, after all 😉 Now for something more helpful:

Have you checked with your neighbours to see if they have the same problem? Silly question but one that has to be ruled out.

You say Cotobro but is the house you’re in part of Urbanización Cotobro, which is managed by Asinex, I believe. That won’t be of much help this time round, given the time, but if you find yourself in this situation again, the staff there speak English, French and German 958 631 855.

If there has been a burst pipe then they will working on it until it is fixed so expect you’re water back on later this evening. Their website says that they have no scheduled maintenance works that requires turning the supply off anywhere, so it is more than likely a fault.

Sorry that we couldn’t be of more help.

36. Andrea
    April 5, 2021 at 6:27 pm

aguas y servicios mystery
    As I am the new kid on the block here in Almuñécar-Cotobro I would like to ask for some advice from those with more experience: We have no water since six hours and have had no pre- nor any information since by aguas y servicios. There is nothing on their website, when I call the 24 hours emergency number nobody picks up.

What is one supposed to do in order to obtain information?

37. March 24, 2021 at 6:15 pm

Sandra: Yes there is. The decision is made on a Thursday and comes into effect on a Friday. At this very moment there is a meeting going on in Madrid to decide what Easter restrictions there will be. We’re holding onto the 16.00h article to include the announcement made afterwards.

38. Sandra Covell
    March 24, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Hello is there any reason why you have not published the cornavirus figures this week?

39. March 22, 2021 at 9:57 am

Sandra: Yes, in June

40. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    March 22, 2021 at 8:56 am

My citroen C4 i bought new it will be 4yrs old in June will it have to have a MOT this year.

41. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    March 17, 2021 at 7:34 am

Does anyone know if the Indian Restaurant in Almunecar is opening in the evenings

42. Aitor
    March 16, 2021 at 7:48 pm

Trevor…some news about vaccinations. There was an article in El Pais where the British embassy said it was being co ordinated via health insurance companies. I contacted the Granada Sur health district on behalf of my guiri wife and after 3 weeks they came back and told me exactly the same. Both sources said that you should contact your health insurer and they will get you put on the vaccine list.

43. March 11, 2021 at 9:33 am

Sandra: it will mean that you can go anywhere within Andalucía 😉

44. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    March 11, 2021 at 9:00 am

Inter provincial travel 26th March does this mean we can travel to Nerja or Velez Malaga for example.

45. Trevor Mitchell
    February 23, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Hi,
    We have received information that we could register with the local medical centre for the COVID vaccination. We have S1 status but still not registered. The information around states that everyone regardless of status is entitled to be vaccinated.
    Unfortunately nobody seems to have told the Salobreña medical centre. We spoke to two people separately in the centre today and explained we have Residencia, Padron & our S1 form. Neither wanted to listen. Both stated categorically that without the Andalusian medical card nobody would be vaccinated. They were not interested if the S1 submission had been made or not. I went through the government decree from December and all the subsequent statements I could remember. The response was the same ‘No tarjeta, no vacuna’.

46. February 20, 2021 at 9:27 am

Sandra: please have a look at today’s article: More Movement in March

47. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    February 20, 2021 at 9:08 am

Hi Martin

Have you any idea when borders will be open and we can go into Malaga province i.e. Nerja or Velez Malaga

48. Liathroidi
    February 19, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Go raibh maith agat!

49. Aitor
    February 18, 2021 at 10:40 am

Liathroidi

A Donegal man runs this place in Velez de Benaudalla.

50. Liathroidi
    February 18, 2021 at 9:18 am

Hi, I am a keen cyclist and I am researching stay/cycle providers in the Costa Tropical area for a post pandemic trip. Can any of your readers recommend any provider? Many thanks.