Asphyxiated by Fumes

Three people, one of whom was a minor, died, after succumbing to carbon-monoxide poisoning produced by a domestic heater.

AND brasero de picónThe type of heater or fire is known as a brasero de picón, which is little more than a metal bowl with glowing coals, sometime proected by a cage work on top of it.

It is normally placed under a round table with thick blankets over the table, drooping down to cover people’s legs.

The emergency call centre, 112 received an alert from the local fire service around 19.20h to say what had happened on Calle Las Descalzas in Linares, Jaén. They had gained entrance and found the three residents without signs of life; a 16-year-old girl, and a man and a woman.

The call centre despatched the Policía Nacional and an ambulance.

(News/Noticias: Linares, Jaen, Andalucia)

 

  1 comment for “Asphyxiated by Fumes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *