The Guadix fire service were called out on Friday to tackle a fire caused by an owl which had flown into an electricity transformer.
The said electrical installations was on a chicken farm in the municipal dependency of Charches. Fortunately, the firemen prevented a mass roast-chicken dinner.
Although the chickens were saved, the eagle owl didn’t survive the impact against the metal structure.
The transformer in question is a step-down one from high tension to low tension for domestic use and are invariably situated half way up a pylon.
Editorial comment: We thought they were supposed to have keen eyesight and sod-off night vision…
(News: Guadix, Granada, Andalucia)