Almuñécar/Herradura Tapa Route

ALM 2018 Tapa RouteThe Almuñécar Councillor for Tourism announced the upcoming IV edición de la Ruta de la Tapa on the 19th to the 21st & 26th to the 28th of April.

The aim, as always, is to give a helping hand to local businesses while at the same time highlighting the local cuisine, explained the Councillor Rafael Caballero.

Each participant; i.e. restaurants, mesons and bars, has to provide a star tapa of their choice but can also include their normal tapas

These ‘star’ tapas will have the price of 2.50 euros with its accompanying beer. If the accompanying drink is something else, the establishment is free to set its own price.

Those establishments that wish to participant have until midnight of the 5th of April. Once the definitive participant list is known, the tapa routes will be made known.

The judging panel will award 40% of the vote and the ‘passports’ (marks awarded by customers) will represent the other 60%. Customers have until the 5th of May to hand in their passports with their marks.

There will be three prizes, two of which are honorific, whilst the First Prize will be the exemption of municipal fees levied during the Feria Gastronómica, where the winning tapa will be on show.

There will also be raffle prizes awarded to customers whose passport are drawn.

(News: Almunecar/Herradura, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *