Two Nerja Fires

NRJ FireThere have been a couple of fires in Nerja; one affected a house and the other a campervan in the proximity of Rio Chíllar.

The fire in the centre of town too place around 13.30h one day at the beginning of the month on the central street of Calle Pintada, which as apparently caused by a gas leak/faulty gas bottle in a butcher’s-cum-roast chicken shop.

The fire completely gutted the premises on both floors. The proprietor, a 55-year-old woman received burns to her torso and face (2nd-degree burns to 12% of her body). She was first taken to the Axarquia hospital and then afterwards to the regional hospital in Málaga.

As for the fire damage, fortunately, the fire did not affect adjoining premises. Readers might remember the fire on the 1st of October when a faulty gas bottle connection caused a blast during the Real Feria de San Miguel in Vélez-Málaga, causing injuries to 90 people.

As for the camper van fire, a 70-year-old man suffered from smoke inhalation during the early hours of Saturday the 3rd when the vehicle caught fire near Río Chíllar, not far from the municipal sports stadium.

It was at 04.45h that Saturday when the emergency number 112 received an alert. The Policía Local, Guardia Civil and even the forest-fire unit, Infoca were called in.

(News: Nerja, Axarquia, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Andalucia – Photo: Eugenio Cabezas)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *