Transformer Fire in Salobreña

Friday, January 18, 2019
By Hugh MacArthur

SAL Transformer fireAccording to Radio Salobreña, around 30 dwellings were temporarily evacuated owing to a fire in a transformer, housed in a block of flats. The affected dwellings were on Calle Quijote whilst the fire was in the electrical transformer unit on Calle Albéniz.

The fire began just after 21.00h on Tuesday and was caused, it appears, by an overload.

The Town Hall originally offered to find alternative accommodation for those evacuated but in the end it was not necessary as everybody was able to return to their homes later that evening.

The fire service had to wait for Endesa electrical engineers to confirm that there was no danger in putting the flames out; i.e., fire personnel receiving electrical discharges.

Endesa then got to work restoring the electricity  supply, which was out in much of the town, in some areas as little as half an hour whilst in others around two hours. The utility company also provided a large mobile generator to provide electricity to those neighbours directly affected in the said flats  until the normal supply was restored.

(News: Salobrena, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia – Photo: David Gómez.)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

AD Gill Sidebar
AD Casa Bonaza Sidebar
AD Mengel Sidebatr