Second Mijas Shooting

A man had been shot twice but when questioned he said that it was probably a mistake...

The wounded, 30-year-old Moroccan man was found in a taxi around 22.00h by the Policía Local, Thursday night in Mijas. They took him to hospital and called the Guardia Civil whom he later claimed that somebody had shot him by mistake when he was in La Cala de Mijas.

It was a female resident of La Cala who came across him on a street and tried to help him. He told her not to call an ambulance, but rather a taxi… So she did. He then told the taxi driver to take him to the Las Lagunas fair, which was in full swing at the time.

However, the Policía Local intercepted the taxi, probably alerted by the woman who had found him. They first thought that his wounds were from a stabbing. They were bullet wounds, in fact.

The man tried to play down what had happened to him, saying that somebody had shot him by mistake when he was with a woman, but he was allegedly unwilling to offer any further information about who had shot him. Neither did he wish to press charges.

He was taken to Hospital Costa del Sol in Marbella with a bullet wound to the buttock and another in his thigh.

But this is not the first shooting in the Mijas area, as less than a week ago, a 51-year-old man, also a Moroccan was rushed to hospital with gunshot wounds on the 21st… he had also been shot in the buttocks.

He was found around 07.00h in the morning at a taxi rank on Avenida del Golf. He had told the police that he had managed to escape from a flat where he was being held against his will.

(News: Mijas, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Andalucia)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *