New Refuse Disposal System

As preparation for the new rubbish collection service in Salobreña, Door-to-Door Selective Waste Collection Service, people will call at doors to explain the system.

SAL New Refuse Collection ServiceThese visits will take place any time from Monday to Friday from 10.00h to 14.00h and from 15.30h to 18:30h. They will also be handing out fridge magnets with the rubbish-collection timetable on them.

The actual system will come into effect next month, after Easter. The system entails depositing the waste correctly in front of your door on the right day for each category of rubbish.

For instance, everyday of the week you can put out “hygienic waste.” On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, it’s the turn of paper and cardboard, as well as glass. On Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday it will be the turn of Organic waste, and anything else will be collected on Saturday.

Councillor Luis Cano says that the new system has the advantage of allowing waste separation to be done easily and comfortably.

Let’s see!

(News/Noticias: Salobrena, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

15 comments for “New Refuse Disposal System

1. warren
    March 29, 2024 at 1:36 pm

How does it work when so many front doors look on to a badly parked cars do you put your tins on the boot your banana skins on the roof and your empties on the bonnet I will observe with interest

PS Woke can Fook off

Viva Friendly smile

Warren

2. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 27, 2024 at 5:10 pm

George, you made me laugh. Only last week someone was telling me about a disabled bathroom.

3. George
    March 27, 2024 at 7:41 am

Would it perhaps be easier to use the description “un-hygienic waste”, although the pedantic will probably insist that most waste is un-hygienic! We are blessed in English with many similar illogical phrases, “disabled toilet” and “disabled parking” spring immediately to mind; why anyone would go around removing functionality from an adequately working item and then putting up a notice to that effect beggars belief!

4. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 24, 2024 at 10:49 pm

Someone must have told Google that El Grelo is a turnip top and not what it told Ignacio it translated to!!!!!!

5. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 24, 2024 at 10:42 pm

Google translate doesn’t always get it right. One of our local restaurants is called El Grelo. One of my neighbours once pointed out, at the top of his voice, the translation of said restaurant.

6. March 24, 2024 at 11:44 am

Melanie: I agree, if you’re going to live here, then learn the language. In today’s world with online translators, even those that struggle have a helpful tool to understand Spanish

7. March 24, 2024 at 11:43 am

Melanie: You’re welcome and thanks for taking the time to comment on out side – much appreciated 😉

8. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 24, 2024 at 11:14 am

Thanks for that Martin. It’s just a term I’d never heard of.

9. Tom Waddle
    March 24, 2024 at 9:23 am

Melanie

The largest foreign population in Salobreña is Romanian, should we start with that language? Then how many languages should we translate to? Should we include Chinese languages, there are over 300 languages in China?

I suggest we stick with Spanish only, besides can you imagine the local town hall in Germany providing services in Spanish?

I for one moved to Spain. If I wanted to live in Germany I would have moved to Mallorca

10. March 24, 2024 at 8:27 am

Melanie: I would imagine it’s the sort of things that you would put in the waste basket in your bathroom; make-up wipes, baby wipes, your husband’s reading glasses that he’s been going mad looking for…

11. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 23, 2024 at 8:43 pm

In that case T.Waddle, foreigners of the region, who don’t speak any form of the Spanish language and there are a few, won’t know how to correctly use this new refuse collection system.
    As a matter of interest what is hygienic waste?

12. Tom Waddle
    March 23, 2024 at 2:51 pm

Melanie.
    Do you mean Catalan and Basque? They are only used in their respective regions. As for Salobreña the only official language is Spanish, so I expect to receive services from the town hall only in Spanish.

I don’t wish that the town hall spends my taxes on translation services.

13. Melanie Briggs Kidd
    March 23, 2024 at 12:59 pm

Will these people be explaining the meaning of hygienic waste??? In various languages.

14. March 22, 2024 at 10:31 am

Patrick: the man in question is unquestionably a Richard Head. 😉

15. Patrick Barry Storey
    March 22, 2024 at 10:20 am

Gosh, to have filtered, rubbish collected from your doorstep! A blessing! But as you point out, a few will spoil it for the many.

I waited for a Spanish chap to take out of his car four black bags, put them in the bin, which I found to be empty. Naw! He put them straight onto the ground. As he left, fag in mouth, he glanced at me. I hope he could lip read. Lazy Munt. Yes I did put his bags into the empty bin!