Almuñécar’s Mass Vaccinations

The residents of Almuñécar and La Herradura are being called to attending vaccination appointments at municipal stadium, Francisco Bonet.

ALM Mass Vaccinations Football StadiumThe facilities, which were turned over a for mass-vaccination programme on Wednesday, will also be processing Jete, Otívar and Lentegí as they also form part of the mini health area of Río Verde.

The ages of those being called are from 74 to 79, who are receiving the Pfizer vaccine. People are being given appointments from 09.00h until 14.00h.

This campaign is running parallel to those being called for appointments at the local medical centre both in the morning as well as the afternoon.

On the first day, around 100 were vaccinated in the sports stadium and another 200 at the medical centre, so it is going well, it seems.

It is envisaged that tomorrow, Friday, the stadium will have three lines operating, which entails medical staff being transferred from elsewhere for the task.

Almuñécar and Motril have both adapted their sports stadiums for mass vaccination programmes, which are being dubbed as vacunódromos (vaccinadromes). The same sort of arrangement will be taking places in Cádiar, Órgiva and Albuñol.

(News: Almunecar, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia – Photo: JM de Haro)

13 comments for “Almuñécar’s Mass Vaccinations

1. George
    April 15, 2021 at 8:38 am

They appear to be doing the vaccinations alphabetically by surname starting with A on 12th, B on 13th, obviously maybe slowing down or accelerating depending on how many they arrive at on a given day. Numbers may also be affected by the non-arrival of the J&J vaccine that I understand was also earmarked for the 70-79 group. If there are a significant number of no-shows or refusals that could also affect things. I’m wondering what action might be taken if there is a significant number of people who refuse?

2. April 15, 2021 at 7:03 am

Col: You have to be “de alta” (registered) with the Seguridad Social which will give you a Health Card issued by the Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales. If you have a TIE card, you probably already have one.

3. Col
    April 14, 2021 at 6:18 pm

Do you have to be registered at the medical centre, I am a resident with a TIE card.

4. April 14, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Kate: excellent news and thank you for your input, which others in you age group will be pleased to know.

5. Kate
    April 14, 2021 at 4:23 pm

I am 73 and I was telephoned yesterday for an appointment today. There was a queue of about 15 people which was continually added to as people arrived at their appointed time. After the vaccination they give you an appointment for the second dose and ask you to sit for 15 minutes just in case you have an allergic reaction.

6. Mike
    April 12, 2021 at 11:31 am

Still no call (Monday) passed by the stadium at midday, only 4 people there and nobody queing. What is happen?

7. April 11, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Dee: They will loop back around again once they get to the end to pick up the ones they’ve missed.

8. Tomm
    April 10, 2021 at 7:18 am

Why aren’t we allowed to vaccinate anyone when the current wave seems to be so infectious? The goals should simply be show up at the end of a daily drive and what vaccines are left will be placed in the arms of our residents. The longer it takes to inoculate our citizens the larger the risk of a summer without tourism.

9. Tomm
    April 10, 2021 at 6:16 am

I realize we have a program of sending people appointment messages to get their vaccines but here is the rub, we all, including health officials want everyone to get vaccinated. Now when I went to the stadium I noticed no more than 12 people and no lines to get in yet I was turned away for not having a number. I have been here for three years and have never issued my phone number to anyone or any official so how do I get my turn at a vaccine.?

10. Dee
    April 9, 2021 at 10:46 pm

What if I miss the call or do not get one. I am 74.

11. Sandie Warren
    April 9, 2021 at 10:10 am

Re: Salobrena vaccinations. My husband who is 76 is having his jab tomorrow, so it is underway.

12. Sandra Mihlenstedt
    April 9, 2021 at 7:58 am

Any idea Martin when Salobrena will start with the vaccinations for over 70s

13. Marco
    April 8, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Lovely to hear such positive news 😂