San Miguel House Fire

ALM Fire Engine in Town Hall SquareThe Almuñécar fire service was called out to a house fire on Calle Morería Alta up in the old town (Barrio San Miguel) yesterday morning.

It was 10.15h when the fire engine reached the Town Hall square, which was the closest that this vehicle could get to the said street. From there they had to proceed on foot.

However, it was the Policía Local who managed to reach the house first. The owner said that there was nobody inside. The police then cordoned off the street whilst they waited for the fire personnel to arrive.

Two firemen entered the house, kitted out with oxygen masks, etc, and quickly put the fire out using fire extinguishers.

It appears that the use of candles on an terrace-cum-balcony had caused the fire but this has yet to be confirmed.

(News: Almunecar, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *