This is just to say that the blue zone in La Herradura – which may be logical during the two-three summer months – is ruining it for all businesses the rest of the year.
1. It is rumoured that Benavides owns part of this ‘zona-azúl’ business.
2. Sam Oziel (from the Idiomas del Mar language school) as president of ACOHE has tried at least three times to meet with Benavides to show him the signed petitions and each time he (Benavides) did not show up – there a witnesses to this fact…
3. Now, since October 1st, there is no need to pay on the Paseo Marítimo, yet the machines are not covered, nor is any information to this effect posted anywhere. This is flabbergasting, not to mention a total lack of respect for the foreign and national tourists who are come to visit La Herradura but are given no instructions about the state of the blue zone either in Spanish or English. I see the tourists trying to get their change together to pay for a parking ticket that is not required!
4. Then, to make matters far worse, one still has to pay on the side roads and all along the parallel street to the Paseo (Segunda Línea).
5. Even the Spanish cannot understand what is going on!
6. The enforcers of the Zona Azul are quicker to give out a ticket than anything that I have ever seen in my entire life! A ticketed guest is not going to come back, as they will be left with the memory of having had a bad experience, as well as a costly one.
In short: the Zona Azul is ruining our businesses. Sala Blanca which has been here for years, is now moving to Nerja and we are slowly – but surely – going to see one business after the other close down…
Name and address withheld by request