Tarmacking Motril Outskirts

Thursday, February 8, 2018
By Hugh MacArthur

MOT Pagos de San José y Alcubillas roadIf you live in or near the Pago San José area in Motril you will be pleased by the tarmacking work on its access lane. For those of you who don’t live there, it’s on La Garnatilla road.

Not only the locals were pushing for this project, which has been funded by the PFEA de 2017/2018, but also the Comunidad de Regantes (irrigation association).

The lane runs about two kilometres along the Cota 200 level and links the Pago de San José to Alcubillas.

After 30 years of neglect the lane had gone down hill, figuratively speaking, and needed a lot of attention in the form of a new surface and the roadsides being sorted out.

The budget for the work is 300,000 euros, 80% of which comes from the Junta and the other 20% is footed by the Town Hall.

(News: Motril, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

AD Gill Sidebar
AD Casa Bonaza Sidebar
AD Mengel Sidebatr