Countering Illegal Dumping

Friday, October 6, 2017
By Hugh MacArthur

MOT Punto LimpioMotril has nine hot spots for illegal dumping and it doesn’t matter how many times municipal workers clean them up, within days they’re full of rubbish again.

Accordingly, the Town Hall is installing cameras to catch culprits in the act. These cameras will be installed in areas along Ronda de Levante, the Puntalón in front of the doctor’s surgery, two spots along the Camino de la Garnatilla, as well as on the Carretera de la Celulosa and within the Polígono Las Algaidas.

The cameras will be purchased with funds from the European Union (80%) and the Town Hall will foot the other 20%.

Furthermore, you just can’t set up cameras in public areas, so the Town Hall’s legal department is looking into it – the cameras will have to be mounted on municipal property; i.e., concrete bases with hoppers on them.

The Town Hall reminds residents that citizens can phone 900 535 645 to arrange with Limdeco the day that you intend to leave your rubbish out and where.

(News: Motril, Costa Tropical, Granada, Andalucia)

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

AD Gill Sidebar
AD Casa Bonaza Sidebar
AD Mengel Sidebatr