Gas Leak in Morche

Tuesday, August 15, 2017
By Hugh MacArthur

AXA MorcheA 3-storey building in Morche (Torrox) was evacuated in the early hours of the 13th after a strong smell of gas was reported.

The emergency number 112 received a call at 01.20h from a resident in the building to say that there was a strong smell of gas in the building. Accordingly, the fire service was called out, as well as the Guardia Civil and Policia Local, all of whom were coordinated through the Centro Operativo de Servicios (COS).

As soon as the police arrived they began evacuating residents as a precaution whilst the fire service identified the flat where the gas was coming from and removed a faulty butane gas bottle.

The whole building was th0roughly ventilated before anybody was allowed back in, which occurred at 02.45h.

(News: Morche/Torrox, Axarquia, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Andalucia)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

AD Gill Sidebar
AD Casa Bonaza Sidebar
AD Mengel Sidebatr