Unlucky Seating

Tuesday, August 8, 2017
By Vivienne Hughes

AND Transformer FireMaría de la Luz Morillo was severly injured when a hotel electricity transformer exploded, shooting out a jet of flame through a vent that torched the table where she and others were sitting.

The explosion, which occurred on Saturday the 5th at 19.40h at a hotel in Tarifa (Cádiz), caused burns of varying degrees to a total of eight people (four men and four women), all employees, who had been eating at a terrace table, opposite the vent.

Maria was rushed to the Hospital Virgen del Rocío in Sevilla with burns to 90% of her body – she died within 24 hours.

In the sames burns ward there are five more of the victims, suffering from burns covering between 30% and 60% of their bodies.

The owners of the transformer, Endesa, lament the death of the woman, and announced that they are investigating the incident, qualifying the explosion as “something exceptional.”


(News: Tarifa, Cadiz)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

AD Gill Sidebar
AD Casa Bonaza Sidebar
AD Mengel Sidebatr